Summer CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™
July 21-24, 2022 | Salt Lake City, UT
The Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ is an intensive three and one-half day education program taught by a faculty of healthcare CIO thought leaders. Combining presentations, small group discussions, case studies and interactive problem solving, participants learn the real-world skills necessary to become a successful healthcare CIO.
Participation in the Boot Camp is currently limited to members of CHIME, AEHIS, AEHIT and AEHIA, and their direct reports. CHIME Foundation representatives are not eligible to attend. Questions about eligibility? We can help! Please contact the CHIME office for assistance at 734.665.0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering.
Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ attendees are eligible to receive up to 32 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward the Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) Program.
To learn more about the CHCIO program, click here.
CIO Success Factors & Spotlights
Through extensive research, CHIME has identified critical and develop-able competencies that are inherent of successful healthcare CIOs. These CIO Success Factors form the foundation of the Healthcare CIO Boot Camp teachings. Gaining an understanding of the six critical skills intrinsic in high-performing CIOs, participants will learn how to apply them to their own situation.
1. Shaping Transformational Strategy: Determine How IT Can Best Serve the Business
2. Leading Change in Dynamic Times: Monitor and Influence the Dynamics of Adaptive Change
3. Driving Consumerism & Patient Engagement: Ensure Continuous Customer Satisfaction
4. Achieving Organizational Value: Demonstrate IT’s Business Value
5. Developing High Performance Teams: Orchestrate a High Performing IT Organization
6. Building Networks and Community: Cultivate Collaboration for Mutual Benefit
Spotlights are topics that are significant for the Digital Leader to understand. They are 30-minute sessions that may or may not use PowerPoint technology depending on the preference of the presenter.
- Spotlight on Digital Transformation: this spotlight creates an awareness of rapidly changing advanced technologies and their impact on healthcare. Included in this topic are areas such as Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. This topic has also been presented previously under the title “Fourth Revolution.”
- Spotlight on Innovation: this spotlight introduces definitions of innovation as well as an introduction to innovation models and imperatives.
- Spotlight on Cybersecurity: this spotlight highlights what every healthcare IT leader needs to know about cybersecurity. Also included are brief mentions of developing cybersecurity issues and technologies.
- Spotlight on Diversity: this spotlight highlights the imperative and benefits of diversity within the healthcare organization and within teams.
- Spotlight on Health & Care Transformation: this spotlight is meant to emphasize the rapidly changing environment of health and care apart from technologies. Within this spotlight are topics such as new payment models, population health, well care, patient empowerment, regulatory change and novel continuum of care entrants.
- Spotlight on Life Balance Integration: this spotlight was previously titled “Work-Life Balance.” No time changes were made but title was changed to reflect contemporary language for this subject.
The Healthcare CIO Boot Camp is designed specifically for healthcare IT professionals seeking to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to become successful at the CIO level. The teachings are equally appropriate for current CIOs looking to sharpen and enhance their leadership skills.
During this intensive 3 ½ day program, participants will:
- Analyze what a transformational strategy is and how it relates to digital strategies
- Justify what tools and techniques work for a transformational strategy for a specific entity
- Align individual IT strategy to individual organizational strategy
- Identify priorities within a transformational strategy – Case Study: Part 1
- Analyze the elements that influence an environment of change
- Justify the use of a change framework for a specific situation or individual entity
- Develop a plan to sustain change
- Create a case for change within an organization – Case Study: Part 2 – Building a Fire
- Analyze who their consumers are within their individual entities
- Classify the wants and needs of their different consumers
- Create a plan to meet the wants and needs of their consumers
- Develop skills to deal with opponents and develop buy in – Case Study: Part 3 – Rating Game
- Analyze governance and prioritization models
- Construct a case for innovation
- Develop multiple ways to demonstrate organizational value within your organization
- Analyze why it is important to develop high performance teams
- Compare characteristics of a high and low performing team
- Construct a plan to sustain a high-performance team
- Justify the importance of effective networks and communities
- Construct a plan to build effective relationships
- Transform effective relationship plans to create valuable networks and communities
- Develop an elevator pitch detailing your digital strategy that the CEO can use with the board – Case Study: Part 4 – Digital Strategy
Boot Camp Registration Fee | $4995.00
Don’t delay! Space in the Boot Camp is limited to a maximum of 50 participants. The registration fee includes all program materials as well as breakfasts, lunches, receptions, and group dinner.
Cancel on or before June 17, 2022 Full refund of registration fee Cancellations After June 17, 2022 No refund, however, fee can be applied to another future Boot Camp
Please note: this modified cancellation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your spot.
Program Eligibility: Participation in the Boot Camp is currently limited to members of CHIME, AEHIS, AEHIT, and AEHIA, and their direct reports only (including Affiliates). CHIME Foundation representatives are not eligible to attend. Questions about eligibility? We can help! Please contact the CHIME office for assistance at 734.665.000 prior to registering.
Location & Hotel Reservation Information
The CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp program will be held at the CHIME/Intermountain Innovation Center in Murray, Utah.
Visit this link for more information on the Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Center.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Residence Inn, very near to the Innovation Center in Murray, Utah.
Residence Inn by Marriot
171 East 5300 South
- Discounted Member-Only Room Rate | $124.00 (single/double) per night
- Additional Charges | Room tax of 13.37%
- Book your group rate online here!
- Book by telephone: Hotel reservations department | 801-262-4200
The reservation cut-off is June 30, 2022. Reservations received after the cut-off will be on a space-available basis only. Rooms fill QUICKLY, so be sure to make your reservations EARLY!
Cancellation: Should you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so no later than 1 week prior to the date of your arrival. Due to the low rate offered, hotel cancellations received after this date will be accessed a full penalty for the entire reservation.
Location and Transportation:
The Residence Inn is located approximately 13 miles, or about a 15-minute drive, from Salt Lake City International Airport.
Schedule at a Glance*
Summer CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp – July 21-24, 2022
CHIME/Intermountain Innovation Center – Salt Lake City, UT
*Schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Day 1: Thurs., July 21, 2022 4 – 5:00 PM Registration at the Hotel 5 – 6:00 PM Introductions & Orientation 6 – 6:30 PM Spotlight on Digital Transformation 6:30 – 7:30 PM Case Study Exercise #1: Driving Transformational Vision 7:30 PM Networking Reception Day 2: Fri., July 22, 2022 6:45 – 7:00 AM Depart Hotel for Innovation Center 7:00 – 7:30 AM Breakfast with the Boot Camp Faculty 7:30 – 7:40 AM Announcements, Program Recap & Preview 7:40 – 11:30 AM Success Factor #1: Shaping Transformational Strategy Spotlight on Innovation Success Factor #2: Leading Change in Dynamic Times Faculty Stories 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Lunch 12:30 – 5:15 PM Case Study Exercise #2: Building a Fire Success Factor #3: Driving Consumerism & Patient Engagement Spotlight on Cybersecurity Faculty Q&A Panel Session 5:15 PM Adjourn & Depart Back to Hotel 5:30 PM Dinner on Your Own Day 3: Sat., July 23, 2022 6:45 – 7:00 AM Depart Hotel for Innovation Center 7 – 7:30 AM Breakfast with the Boot Camp Faculty 7:30 – 7:40 AM Announcements, Program Recap & Preview 7:40 – 11:30 AM Success Factor #4: Achieving Organizational Value Spotlight on Health & Care Transformation Faculty Stories Success Factor #5: Developing High Performance Teams 11:30 – 12:30 PM Lunch 12:30 – 5:15 PM Case Study Exercise #3: Rating Game Spotlight on Diversity Success Factor #6: Building Networks & Community Case Study Exercise #4: Digital Strategy Faculty Q&A Panel Session 5:15 PM Adjourn & Depart Back to Hotel 6:15 PM Depart Hotel for Group Dinner 6:30 PM Celebration Dinner Day 4: Sun., July 24, 2022 6:45 – 7:00 AM Depart Hotel for Innovation Center 7 – 7:30 AM Breakfast with the Boot Camp Faculty 7:30 – 7:40 AM Announcements, Program Recap & Preview 7:40 – 10:00 AM Conversations with the Faculty: Advocacy, Career, Other Spotlight on Life/Work Integration 10:00 AM Announcements, Capstone, Closing Remarks, Adjournment 10:00 AM -12:30 PM CHCIO Exam
The Summer CHIME Healthcare CIO Boot Camp™ offers exclusive access to a select group of healthcare executives. Showcase your company’s commitment to CHIME and the healthcare industry with a sponsorship at this upcoming event! This intimate, exclusive program is taught by a faculty of healthcare CIO thought leaders. Participants learn the real-world skills necessary to become a successful healthcare CIO. Interested in sponsoring? Contact your account director.
CHIME will consider special promotional programs and discounted package pricing on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com with your ideas. Consideration is given to ideas that are in keeping with CHIME’s mission and nonprofit status.
CHIME Public Health and Safety COVID-19 Guidelines
The safety of our members and the public is of utmost importance to us. CHIME will follow the highest standards to protect public health at all times.
We are continuously monitoring evolving circumstances related to COVID-19 to ensure that we implement the most reliable health protocols for safety in both small and large in-person gatherings. CHIME will consider the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and maintain active communications about public health protocol with appropriate local authorities and points of contact at each event site.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to each of our upcoming education events as we all follow best practices for maximum safety and a rewarding experience.
Current General CHIME Health Protocols*:
All attendees will be required to attest and certify that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to the event. You will be asked to fill out the certification form in the last step of each event’s online registration process.
CHIME will follow recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and recommend masks be worn while indoors (except while eating and drinking) by all event attendees. The policy will apply to all CHIME events except where prohibited by law.
* Additional health protocols will be updated as confirmed.
I learned it at CHIME’s Healthcare CIO Boot Camp…
What are attendees and faculty saying?
The CHIME CIO Boot Camp is a one-of-a-kind experience. I have attended other “seminars” but never something this immersive or detailed. The faculty are first-rate professionals in the industry, representing great diversity of backgrounds. Faculty are genuinely interested and engaged in the growth of each member of the cohort and have taken the time to follow up once the class ended. Finally, the cohort experience is fantastic. In this cohort, I met amazing current and future executives. I’m excited to watch our careers grow and reconnect at future CHIME events. Thank you to CHIME for a career-changing boot camp!
Ron Carson, Executive Director, Enterprise Applications, Nebraska Medicine
We Would Like To Thank Our Sponsor