Health Catalyst Eliminates Non-Compete Agreements for Employees
SALT LAKE CITY, UT – May 11, 2016 –– Health Catalyst, a leader in healthcare data warehousing, analytics and outcomes improvement, today announced it is joining a growing number of companies that have decided to eliminate post-employment restrictive covenants.
The so-called “non-compete” provisions restrict the types of jobs that employees may seek following termination of employment.
Going forward, Health Catalyst will no longer require employees to sign non-compete provisions as part of their employment agreements. The company also has informed current employees that it will not seek to enforce any non-compete provisions that are contained in existing employment agreements.
“We believe that removing non-compete provisions is consistent with our ongoing focus on creating a positive and supportive culture for our team members,” said Dan Burton, CEO of Health Catalyst. “Imposing legal restrictions on their ability to seek employment elsewhere is inconsistent with that culture, and we feel it’s also anti-competitive and a drag on overall economic growth.”
Burton added, “We are laser focused on attracting and retaining the best and brightest people, who have a genuine desire to help us achieve our mission of transforming healthcare and improving health outcomes for patients across the US.”
The decision supports a work culture that has already received recognition as one of the nation’s best, including:
- The 2016 Gallup Great Workplace Award, created to recognize organizations for their extraordinary ability to create engaged workplace cultures that drive business outcomes.
- The Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awardrecognizing the Best Places to Work in the nation in 2016. Glassdoor ranked Health Catalyst the No. 7 best place to work in the small- and medium-sized business (SMB) category
- A Best Places to Work in Healthcare award from Modern Healthcare magazine, three years in a row
- The Best Place to Work in Digital Health as part of the Top 50 in Digital Health, sponsored by Rock Health, Fenwick & West, and Goldman Sachs
- A Best Places to Work for Millennials award
- Recognition from Utah Business magazine as one of 50 Best Places to Work in Utah
About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst is a mission-driven data warehousing, analytics and outcomes-improvement company that helps healthcare organizations of all sizes perform the clinical, financial, and operational reporting and analysis needed for population health and accountable care. Their proven enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and analytics platform helps improve quality, add efficiency and lower costs in support of more than 65 million patients for organizations ranging from the largest US health system to forward-thinking physician practices. For more information, visit www.healthcatalyst.com, and follow them on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.